The Biopartitioning and Purification Conference - BPP 2024 is hosted by the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) and takes place from 15 to 18 September 2024.
The BPP conference was originally created to address aqueous two-phase partitioning, but from 2013, at the BPP2013 in Vancouver, the scope of the conference was widened to include other bioseparation techniques. Today, BPP is a conference of broader interest to participants in both academia and industry working on the separation of high-value bioproducts, with a focus on technical aspects, the development of new bioproducts, technoeconomic analysis, life cycle assessment, and regulatory aspects, among others.
In addition to the technical sessions, the conference will include keynote lectures by renowned experts in the field, poster presentations, panel discussions and networking opportunities. BPP 2024 will provide a platform for researchers and industry professionals to exchange ideas, collaborate on research projects and explore potential commercial applications in this rapidly evolving field.
BPP 2024 will feature a diverse range of topics including but not limited to:
- Biopartitioning Techniques: This session will focus on the different methods and techniques used for separating and partitioning biological materials, such as proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids and/or cells and vesicles. The novel application of aqueous-two phase partitioning and biphasic systems is of particular interest.
- Downstream Bioprocessing: This session will focus on the downstream processing steps involved in the purification of bioproducts. It could cover topics such as filtration, centrifugation, drying, formulation and formulation stability. Discussions may also include strategies for process integration and optimization to improve overall cost-efficiency, overall productivity and sustainability aspects. Other unit operations, such as liquid-liquid extraction, solids leaching, membrane-based separation and chromatography may be discussed. We will emphasize aspects such as integrative biomanufacturing, process intensification and process sustainability. Discussions may also include regulatory considerations, quality control and process validation in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- High-Resolution Purification Strategies: This session will delve into the purification strategies employed to obtain high-purity bioactive compounds. It will cover topics such as affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, size exclusion chromatography and other high-resolution purification techniques.
- Advances in Biopartitioning and Purification Technologies: This session will highlight the latest advancements in this area. It could cover topics such as the development of novel separation materials, innovative separation techniques and emerging technologies, such as continuous processing, microfluidics or applications of separation science to uncommon products.
- Case Studies and Industrial Applications: This session will feature case studies and real-world applications in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverages, and environmental biotechnology. Presentations may focus on the challenges faced, solutions implemented and lessons learned in the application of various technological approaches to product purity and quality.
BPP 2024 brings together researchers, scientists, engineers, and industry professionals from various disciplines to discuss and exchange knowledge on the latest advancements, challenges and applications in the field. The conference serves as a platform for sharing research progress, presenting innovative technologies and fostering collaborations among industry, academia and government.
- Abstract submission deadline: 29 March 2024
- Albertsson award nominations: 19 April 2024
- Poster submission deadline: 28 June 2024
Additional information coming soon on the dedicated website!
- Prof. Dr. Marcelo Fernandez Lahore, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Prof. Dr. Marco Rito-Palomares, The Institute for Obesity Research - Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Jared Auclair, Ph.D., Bioinnovation & Research Economic Development - Northeastern University, USA
For this event, we propose sponsorship packages. See the different options on the website https://www.bpp2024.lu/ or/and contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).