The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) and the University of Luxembourg are organising the MASSENA Business Club Day 2018 which will be held on December 13th in LIST Belvaux (Lux).
This event is organized within the framework of the MASSENA project whose research activities conducted by 22 PhD students are oriented towards stress sensors and energy collectors.
This day aims to create exchanges between PhD students and industry players.
PhD students will have the opportunity to have a taste of what their future career in the industry might be. Manufacturers will be informed of the various research results in progress.
8.30 - 9.00 Welcome and coffee
9.00 - 9.15 Introduction
Emmanuel Defay (LIST); Susanne Siebentritt (University of Luxembourg)
9.15 - 10.00 Industrial Keynote: "When research meets industry"
Etienne Jacqué (CEBI Group, Luxembourg)
10.00 - 10.45 Massena PHD Students talk - part 1 Current research and results.
1. Solofo Groenendijk - Topological quantum computation with parafermions
2. Dominique Abessolo Ondo - Atmospheric pressure synthesis of atomically smooth conformal and ultra-thin low-K polymer insulating layers by plasma-initiated chemical vapour deposition
3. Daniel Siopa - Increasing the Potential – From Electrochemistry to Micro Solar Cells
10.45 - 11.00 Coffee break
11.00 - 11.45 Massena PHD Students talk - Part 2, Current research and results.
1. Tai Nguyen - Magnetoelectric energy harvester made of piezoelectric and magnetostrictive composites
2. Hadiyeh Malekzad - Fabrication and investigation of physicochemical and structural gradients for biosensing applications
3. Anjali Sharma – Reporting changes in chemical environment using nematic liquid crystal shells
11.45 - 12.30 Testimony of young professionals working in the industry.
Christian Pauly – IEE; Jan Sendler - ASML
12.30 - 14.15 Posters, walking lunch and informal interaction with industrial partners.
14.15 - 15.00 Academic Keynote: "Polymer based nanomaterials for energy harvesting and sensing".
Sohini Kar Narayan (Cambridge University - UK)
15.00 - 16.00 Official closing, coffee and informal discussions.
Susanne Siebentritt (University of Luxembourg)
Date: Thursday 13th December 2019
Duration: 1 day
Venue: LIST Belvaux
- Susanne Siebentritt:
- Emmanuel Defay:
- Francis Bell:
Logistic contact: email@example.com
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
Tel: +352 275 888 - 1
Fax: +352 275 885