The cognitive pillar, launched in September 2019, aims to provide the LIST research community with advanced technologies, services and solutions in data / business analytics, artificial intelligence and "big data".
It is based on three main parts: 2 located on premises and one in the cloud.
On premises, services are offered by a platform combining Open-source solutions and IBM Cloud Paks (Data, Applications, Multi-Cloud, and API). This offer is completed by public cloud solutions.
CogPil is a powerful and innovative platform providing state-of-art technologies and services in data analytics and AI, based on a hybrid cloud architecture.
Applications and key expertise
Analytics tools for Proof of concept (POC) development and/or projects about:
- Advanced Statistics
- Machine Learning
- Business Intelligence
- Advanced Visualisation
on LIST’s premises or in Public Cloud
- Process improvement
- Resource planning / scheduling
- Customer segmentation
- Preventive maintenance
- Root cause analysis
- Anomaly detection
- Risk & fraud Analytics
- 34 physical servers, supporting Hadoop and Private Cloud solutions (including storage and backup)
- Network layer including Omni-Path connectivity
- Distributed storage layer including auto-tiering on Spectrum Scale/GPFS
Offered software capabilities:
- A cognitive and analytical layer based on IBM Watson (IBM Public Cloud and on-premise).
- A Hadoop enterprise cluster installed on physical servers with GPUs for distributed compute dedicated to Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data analysis in batch mode, IoT stream analytics and real-time data processing.
- A tight integration between two worlds (Watson / Hadoop Open Source), offering users the benefits of both platforms.