In order to strengthen its excellence in research and technology, the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) has recently put in place a Research Administration Office (RAO), under the direction of the Financial and Administrative Director.
The main tasks of the RAO at LIST are to:
- Be a key contributor in the definition and improvement of project management methods, procedures and tools in order to guarantee their success;
- Advise and support Principal Investigators (PI) in the submission and management of their projects;
- Reduce project risks.
Reporting to the Head of the Research Administration Office, the Research Administration Project Funding Officer will identify funding opportunities and provide the relevant guidance in the preparation of project applications for a variety of competitive funding opportunities, including national, European and international funding.
She/he will also be expected to develop strong links with colleagues from the Research Administration Office in order to share knowledge, develop appropriate recording systems and develop best practice principles in research grant applications.
- Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of various research funding agency programme policies and submission processes
- Provide clear and useful information on the different national and international funding instruments and related procedures to all interested stakeholders;
- Provide information about and manage multiple external call deadlines;
- Analyse new funding programmes and communicate their regulations to the internal research administration support teams to ensure that internal procedures are compliant.
- Identify, design and deliver outreach sessions to improve the preparation of project applications;
- Advise on the preparation and submission of funding applications;
- Liaise and develop relationships with relevant external funding bodies;
- Learn from current practices regarding the funding frameworks.
- Hold a university-level degree;
- Have initial work experience at an RTO or funding agency or in an academic environment;
- Be familiar with different funding mechanisms, rules and conditions for research projects;
- Be an interdisciplinary thinker to successfully integrate into the multicultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary work environment at LIST;
- Provide a customer-oriented service;
- Be adaptable, reactive and attentive;
- Successfully manage stressful situations with a positive attitude;
- Able to manage priorities and respect deadlines;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Be meticulous;
- Able to provide advice, share information and report back;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player;
- Proactive and open to change;
- Good knowledge of standard office software;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken French and English.