Kniwwelino® (http://kniwwelino.lu) is an innovative pedagogical microcontroller platform designed to make the training of digital skills accessible to children aged 8-14 years, being fun and easy for learners and teachers. Within the scope of the FNR funded project “Kniwwelino to School” Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) investigates how to best embed Kniwwelino in Luxembourgish Schools and Maisons Relais.
Your mission is to develop pedagogical instructions in paper or web-based form, supporting children to learn programming and electronics.
The student will complete the following tasks:
- Familiarize with the Kniwwelino platform and test the existing educational material
- Perform a review on existing pedagogical material of similar platforms
- Develop additional types of Kniwwelino educational activities, as well as explanatory material
- Develop a curriculum to organize activities and allow a progression
- Evaluate the proposed material with a group of children and document the results
- Master Student in Media Pedagogy, Media Education or any similar field
- Interest in computer science, electronics, Making
- Capacity to generate new ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Ability to collaborate within an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- English (B2) is mandatory
- Knowledge in German or French is considered as an asset