Your work environment
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You will be part of the LIST Environmental Research and Innovation department
As part of a Research and Technology Organization (RTO), the work of the Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) Department tackles some of the major environmental challenges our society is facing today, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, and the efficient use of renewable resources.
The successful candidate will join ERIN’s Observatory for Climate and Environment Platform (OCE). More specifically, She /He will be part of OCE’s Hydro-Climate, Mechatronic & Remote sensing (HCM) pole.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic individual with a strong background in programming and database management as well as a technical mindset to provide quantitative support and problem solving aptitudes.
- Design and implement interoperable environmental time series and geo-spatial database systems of high availability and quality in accordance to end users information needs
- Development in backend and front end
- Design, code, test and document all new or modified applications
- Work closely with engineers & researchers to ensure that data entity, automation functions meet standard requirements for project completion
- Troubleshoot Integration tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary
- Provide programming support to the ERIN users for different cross-cutting issues
- MSc in computer science, database management, software programming or related field
- A minimum of 3 years professional experiences in Java/ JEE development is mandatory
- A strong understanding and knowledge of Python and PostgreSQL is mandatory to this role
- In-depth knowledge of Java 8 and related frameworks (e.g. Spring ecosystem and Hibernate)
- Good software development practices and experience with GIT, code reviews, test driven development, clear code documentation
- Experienced on working with Kisters software- Wiski and its development (would be considered as an added advantage of this application)
- Knowledge and experiences on geo-spatial data handling is desirable (e.g., GIS)
- Experience working with C/C++ (would be an asset)
- Proficiency in English
- French, German and/or Luxembourgish is an asset
Candidates interested in the above position can apply online on our website www.list.lu
The application must include:
- A CV (a description of the relevant experience in database programming and management should be included either in the CV or in a separate document)
- A motivation letter
- If possible, a list of publications, invited talks, and patents