Your work environment
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You will be part of the LIST Support Teams department
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
Within the Applications & Development Service of the Information Systems Unit, the chosen candidate reinforces the current Business Intelligence team on BI projects.
In relation and support with the research, administrative and technical departments, s/he contributes to the evolution of the Information Systems of the LIST through the maintenance of the LIST Datawarehouse and the development of reports and dashboards.
He is mainly in charge of:
- Analyze and manage the existing BI technical architecture, existing reports and dashboards, design and implement improvements and evolutions
- Model and enrich the Data warehouse of the LIST and in particular the financial information system based on SAP interfacing with various software modules developed in-house and software on the market
- Use analytical techniques (data mining , data modelling ,data warehousing) to develop and maintain customer segmentation
- Guarantee data consistency checks between the data in the Data warehouse and those in the original systems
- Improve existing data processes and pipelines by implementing automation, data tuning and performance concepts creatively
- Analyze user needs, translate business requirements into IT and technical terms and write detailed functional and technical specifications
- Develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting
- Plan and monitor the works and BI projects to be carried out
- Develop and implement data integration and extraction (ETL) processes
- Implement customized ETL pipelines from diverse sources for higher data availability and to create a unified view of quality data for analytics and reporting
- Design and realize SAP Business Object (BO) universes, dashboards and reporting reports with SAP Business Object
- Ensure the corrective, preventive and evolutionary maintenance of the existing BO Universes and existing SAP BO reports (integrate new data from the information systems, analyze their impact on the existing BO Universes and reports and carry out the appropriate adaptations)
- Provide user support
- Write the documentation
- Bac+5 (Master) graduated in business intelligence solutions or in statistics, engineering or equivalent
- Proven professional experience (minimum 5 years) in the field of BI, data warehouse implementation and the production of reporting reports and decisional dashboards, data visualization tools
- Proven experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- Proven experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures
- Proven experience in the design, modeling and implementation of data warehouses
- Proven experience of ETL tools: mastering Talend is an asset
- Proven experience of the reporting tools SAP Business Object 4.2 SP6
- Knowledge of DBMS: Oracle is an asset
- Experience of SQL (query development)
- Ability to manage projects
- Ideally have functional business knowledge in the following areas: accounting, finance, purchasing, customer invoicing, HR, (etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO/MM or even PS, PPM is an asset
- Autonomous, organized and rigorous on the quality of the deliverables (dashboards and reporting statements), detail oriented, methodical approach and be initiative
- Able to work in a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment
- Be results-oriented, have a sense of responsibility, be open to change, have a good resistance to stress
- Good listening and communication skills (oral and written) to collaborate with business owners to draw insights from data to respond the needs
- Good level both written and spoken French and English