Fixed term contract
In the framework of Goodyear-LIST Partnership, we are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the role of Process Engineer for the Functionalization of silica powder. The candidate will contribute to two industrial projects dealing with silica functionalization and process development and optimization in wet as well as vapour phase. The candidate will work within inter-disciplinary and multicultural team, and have access to the use of cutting-edge research tools for preparation and characterization of nanomaterials. The position will offer the opportunity to work at the frontier of applied research and development between a public institution and a leading private company.
Scope of responsibilities:
- She/he will be an active member of two different R&D projects, and will be responsible for the functionalization of silica particles using either a high volume Batch reactor (wet solution) or a fluidized bed reactor (vapor phase solution)
- She/he will ensure the development of new equipment and will master chemical processes towards production standards
- She/he will develop innovative up-scaling solutions for surface functionalization using wet or dry approaches
- The process engineer will provide a technical support to the researcher team and will develop / maintain fabrication and verification processes that comply with quality requirements
- Prepare and implement professional reports for internal/external communications including the writing of technical reports and the contribution to patents filing.
- Contribute to the technical operation of related laboratories.
- A relevant master/engineering degree in chemical process engineering or material chemistry
- At least 2 years in a RTO or technical university or Industrial environment. In specific case, PhD candidates can valorise their PhD as 3 years of experience
- An ideal candidate for this position would be proactive, well-organized, result-oriented, and an excellent team player, and exhibits passion for experimental work.
- Management of multiple tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in chemical process engineering is mandatory.
- Knowledge in physical-chemistry or material chemistry (vapour phase and/or liquid phase) is mandatory
- Knowledge in the synthesis and functionalization of silica particle is a plus
- A first experience in a R&D laboratory in academia or industry is an asset
- Experience of up-scaling prototyped system towards production requirements is an asset
- Knowledge in establishing a DOE plan is a plus (Factorial plan and Process Optimization).
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Fluently spoken English is mandatory
- Working knowledge in French is an asset