Fixed term contract
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) in partnership with Goodyear drive significant research and development focused on sustainable mobility and next generation tire materials. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the role of Engineer in nanoparticles chemical engineering. The candidate will work within inter-disciplinary and multicultural environment, and will have access to the use of cutting-edge research tools for synthesis and characterization of functionalized nanomaterials. The position will offer the opportunity to work at the frontier of applied research and development with a public institution and a leading tire company.
Scope of responsibilities:
- She/he will be an active member of different R&D projects, and will be responsible for the functionalization of organic Bio-fibres and nanoparticles as well as their characterizations
- Contribute to the development of disruptive top down or/and bottom up approaches for the production of nanoparticles.
- Provide technical support to the researcher team for the development of innovative Functionalization
- Prepare professional reports for internal/external communications, this may include the writing of technical reports and the contribution to patents filing
- Contribute to the technical operation of related laboratories
- A relevant master/engineering degree in organic chemistry, chemical engineering or colloidal physical-chemistry
- At least 2 years in a RTO or technical university or Industrial environment. In specific case, PhD candidates can valorise their PhD as 3 years of experience
- An ideal candidate for this position would be proactive, well-organized, result-oriented, and an excellent team player, and exhibits passion for experimental work.
- Capable to manage multiple tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in chemical process engineering and organic chemistry are mandatory
- Knowledge in Functionalisation of biomaterials is a plus
- A first experience in a R&D laboratory in academia or industry is an asset
- Knowledge in the synthesis of bio-colloids is a plus
- Know-how in establishing a DOE plan is a plus (Factorial plan and Process Optimization)
- Fluently spoken English is mandatory
- Working knowledge in French is an asset