One of the centrepieces of the LIST Tech Day 2019 was the Tech Village which was composed of 20 demonstrators “made in Luxembourg” presented by LIST teams. Discover 20 of the latest LIST prototypes as well as market-ready technologies gathered around three domains: Smart Industries, Smart Cities and Smart Environment.
- SEEING MORE THAN EVER BEFORE WITH MASS SPEC: LIST developed VECTOR500 SIMS - an instrument allowing chemical microscopy at a world record resolution.
- A PLASMA ROBOT FOR ALL SITUATIONS: LIST researchers use the plasma technology and its deposition at industrial scale to treat material, on 3D dimensional shapes, in order to give new properties to the surface of this material (for example corrosion resistant, antibacterial, self-cleaning, etc.).
- STOP ANIMAL TESTING WITH LUNG CELL CULTURES: LIST has developed the first 3D-in vitro assay that can identify sensitizers and differentiate them from respiratory irritants, thus avoiding animal experiments in the future.
- FEEL AS IF IT WAS REAL WITH NEW HAPTICS: LIST has managed to integrate piezo actuators on glass, with no need for external bulky ceramics. This allows generating local vibrations that you can feel on your fingers.
- DIGITAL IMAGE CORRELATION - LOOK, BUT DON’T TOUCH: LIST uses Digital Image Correlation, an experimental technique, very customizable, that allows measuring strain fields without contact with the specimen or product, by comparing pictures at different deformation steps and relating them with the corresponding applied load.
- RAW MATERIALS FOR 3D PRINTING: to support the 3D-printing transition, LIST develops polymer-based blends and composites. We deliver a unique combination of competences in material engineering, polymer compounding, characterization, process simulation and structural analysis solutions.
- MONITOR YOUR HEALTH WITH CHEMICAL NANO-SENSING: LIST is on its way to contribute to personalised medicine thanks to Bio-field effect transistors (BioFETs). These are sensors enabling reliable chemical sensing. At LIST we aim to use nano-sensors (FinFET) in large numbers, which might be a breakthrough innovation for personalised medicine.
- DATA SCIENCE FOR THE TIRE OF THE FUTURE: within the strategic collaboration between LIST and Goodyear, LIST explores the potential of data all along the life cycle of a tire. Data can deliver value in complex engineering, in tire testing and in developing new services to customers.
- DIGITAL TWINS FOR BETTER URBAN LIVING: LIST contributes to the creation of digital twins to monitor the performance and environmental impact of buildings, and to provide useful feedback to shape our districts and cities. This will allow citizens to easily interact with their districts or city design.
- DIGITALLY ENHANCED WORK ENVIRONMENTS: LIST develops cognitive environments. Technologies that equip such spaces consist of a blend of Artificial Intelligence, sensors, data analytics, data visualisation, collaborative devices and connected objects interacting with and adapting to the users.
- CREATING AUTOMATED MAPS WITH ROBOTS: with our AIML-TILT system, our autonomous robots create maps of large buildings using technologies such as LIDAR and camera, enabling a fast digitalization of large areas at a lower cost.
- SO YOU THINK YOU’RE A GREEN TRAVELLER: LIST’s “CLIMOBIL” online app helps citizens check how efficient electric cars are at reducing our CO2 emissions. The app is available at: https://www.connecting-project.lu/
- PLAN CONSTRUCTIONS RELIABLY WITH SMART DATA: LIST’s “AndON” Platform aims to connect planning and data on a construction site. It manages data in order to support integrated, structured and collaborative decision-making. The Platform will enable users to collect, manage and change data on the go, along with the reality on-site.
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WITH AUGMENTED REALITY: radiological incidents, whether caused by acts of terrorism or accidents, pose a significant threat to the public and first responders. Training solutions with augmented reality can provide a safer, quicker, easier and repeatable method of training at a very low cost.
- NO TIME TO WASTE WITH POLYGONE: at LIST we developed a digital system through which digitalisation processes, products or services can be improved (in particular via data science, modelling and numerical optimization). This has been applied to the waste industry but could also be applied to virtually any business.
- SPRAY LESS WITH PRECISION AGRICULTURE: LIST presented two remote sensing technologies that will allow precision farming - a way to reduce and tailor the application of pesticides or fertilizer to the crop needs. For example, drones take very-high-resolution images, which can help in detecting and monitoring diseases in vineyards. LIST also presented ways to remotely monitor the nutrient status of wheat crops utilizing satellite imagery of Sentinel-2, the Earth observation mission from the EU Copernicus Programme.
- SAVING LIVES WITH GLOBAL FLOOD MONITORING: floods have a huge environmental, social and economic impact, and this will increase in the future with climate change and a growing population. LIST has developed HASARD: a satellite Earth Observation-based flood mapping software using satellite images to automatically produce accurate floodwater maps in near real-time.
- ANAEROBIC DIGESTION OF BIOWASTE: LIST contributes to designing a local circular bio-economy by working on a renewable and sustainable production of energy, bio-fertilizers and green chemicals. LIST especially works on anaerobic digestion of bio-waste as a natural microbe-driven process producing biogas that can be stored and used as energy. Some biogas residues can also be used as fertilizer.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR AMPHIBIANS: LIST’s NEWTRAP team developed a newt camera trap using machine learning. The trap automates the production of high-resolution newt observations through Artificial Intelligence, while leaving all living things perfectly unharmed and critically reducing scientific field work.
- AIR QUALITY RESEARCH ON WHEELS: LIST’s environmental monitoring vehicle contains a unique combination of bio-meteorological and chemical measurement devices in order to assess local air quality at almost any location, independently from external power supply. Micro- and nanoparticles - that might negatively affect human health - and their chemical composition can be analysed in near real time and in combination with meteorological variables.
Discover the online photo gallery and the post-event video. The doors of the LIST Technology Showroom are open at the Maison de l’Innovation in Belval for you to discover the amazing technologies developed by LIST.