Fostering partnerships between public research centres and companies, especially activities that promote innovation and sustainable value creation: this is one of the main goals of the FNR funding programme BRIDGES in Luxembourg, in line with LIST’s DNA and its passion for socio-economic impact.
It’s no wonder that the institute obtained five of the twelve projects selected by the FNR in the framework of its second BRIDGES call for 2020. LIST hits the ground running this year and receives nearly two million euros to develop these five new projects in cooperation with leading companies, focusing on technologies with strong application perspectives:
- High power Impulse Magnetron sputtering Multilayer hard nitrides coatings for "difficult-to-cut" Materials (HI3M): result of the cooperation between LIST and Ceratizit, headed by Patrick Choquet, group leader of the Materials Research and Technology (MRT) department. Allocated budget: €400,000.
- Biobased microsphere for cosmetic products (BIOMICO): for which LIST teamed up with NUXE Group and the Société de Recherche Cosmétique (SRC) and appointed Jean-Sébastien Thomann, researcher in the MRT department, as principal investigator. Allocated budget: €400,000.
- Electrocaloric polymers for solid-state cooling (CALPOL): result of the cooperation between LIST and Arkema, headed by Emmanuel Defay, group leader of the MRT department. Allocated budget: €392,055.
- Improving Sensitivity in MALDI molecular imag ng Mass Spectrometry (SENSIMASS): for which LIST teamed up with Masstech and appointed Gilles Frache, researcher in the MRT department, as principal investigator. Allocated budget: €388,989.
- Adaptive AI for Rehabilitation Exoskeleton (A-AIRE): result of the cooperation between the LIST and ExoAtlet Global S.A., headed by Alexandru-Adrian Tantar, group leader of the IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department. Allocated budget: €399,685.
With these five new projects, LIST is once again ready to accomplish its mission of pushing back the limits of research for high-impact innovation!