Advanced Instrumentation for Ion Nano-Analytics
Our research challenges
The "Advanced Instrumentation for Ion Nano-Analytics" research group focuses on the development of scientific instruments based on charged particle beams, covering fundamental investigations, instrument development and applications.
The team comprises specialists in nano-analytics, in charged particle optics, in ion-mater interactions and in engineering (mechanics, electronics, software) giving to the group the complete spectrum and know-how that is required to covert innovative ideas and concepts into prototypes instruments.
- Correlative microscopy: nanoanalytics combining high-lateral resolution and high-sensitivity chemical analysis
- Development of high-performance SIMS add-on systems
- Developement of high performance field portable mass spectrometers
- Development of ion sources
- Optimization of sensitivity and quantification in SIMS
- Investigation of particle -matter interactions
- Helium Ion Microscope Zeiss ORION Nanofab with SIMS add-on systems (in-house development)
- Transmission Electron Microscope FEI Tecnai F20 with FIB column and SIMS add-on system (in-house development)
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer Cameca IMS 4f
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer CMS (in-house developement)
- Various test benches for charged particle optics instrumentation