As an energy supplier, an operator of renewable energy installations, a facility manager, a grid operator or any other stakeholder in the energy market, you may currently be facing several challenges:
- changing and uncertain market conditions are challenging the current business models,
- increasing demand to reduce dependency on energy imports and fossil fuels,
- growing awareness for climate change and environmental impacts requiring sustainable solutions
LIST can offer you a valuable expertise in these fast-changing times, in line with the Luxemburgish Government firm action. The country is the first worldwide to implement the Third Industrial Revolution plan imagined by leading prospectivist Jeremy Rifkin.
We are mainly active on four aspects of our future green and smart energy system:
- dynamic and integrated modelling and simulation of "smart grid" applications to evaluate energy scenarios, smart solutions and new business models,
- data science methodologies and geospatial decision support platforms to enable handling, visualisation and value generation out of "big data" or geospatial data,
- biogas technologies along the full value chain, incl. energy plants and biogas yields, process optimisation, control and monitoring and valorisation of products and by-products,
- sustainability evaluation by means of life cycle assessment (LCA) on process and energy technology level, as well as consequential LCA of energy policies on regional, city or national level.
Some examples of realisations
Smart City and Region Energy Platform : This tool enables to model complex data in order to facilitate decision taking. + Lean more
PV-Forecast : dynamic and real-time electricity prediction model covering all the photovoltaic panels disseminated in Luxembourg.